[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

rolled caps

From: 	Mad Coiler[SMTP:tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, September 05, 1997 4:16 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	rolled caps

To all that have made rolled caps,

I have just recieved my order of 30 mill LDPE sheets. I plan on making
the dielectric three sheets thick. This would be 90 mills, and I hopped
this would be enough for 12000V.
 Question (1): Should you put aluminum flashing between each sheet of
the dielectric or just set three sheets together without anything
inbetween.
 Question (2): I assume the plastic should be clean. Is LDPE sensitive
to soap, or should a damp cloth work fine to get the dust off?
 Question (3): Will three layers of 30 mill also work for 15kV or do i
need more?

Mad Coiler