[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transformer question

From: 	David Huffman[SMTP:huffman-at-FNAL.GOV]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 04, 1997 8:49 AM
To: 	Tesla List (E-mail)
Subject: 	Transformer question

Hi Everyone,
I thought some comments from the knowledge of this group would be helpful before I try this.  I have two H&R transformers which I want to submerse in oil. In order to save space I would like to do the following. The transformers have the 'E' and 'I' laminations and all the 'E's and 'I's are on together, not alternated the way some transformer are built. My question is can the 'I' section be removed from each transformer and then couple the two together? I would of course phase the primaries so the field is correct. My initial thoughts are that this should work, but I often overlook the obvious.  I hope it is clear what I want to do.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Dave Huffman
BTW If this will work it will allow the two transformers to be placed in the bottom of a 5 gallon plastic bucket. A couple of brass bolts through the side and I have a poor mans pole pig.