[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroids

From: 	Mad Coiler[SMTP:tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 03, 1997 8:55 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Toroids

Malcolm,
 I was just using the above for example.
 I am currently in the designing phase of my next coil. I have 3 12000V
60mA neons and two 30mA. I hope to use two or three 60mA untits, and a
6" pvc secondary, say around 24" tall? Plan on usin probably 24 or 28
wire. What do you think would be an optimal topload, or do you need more
data. Not sure how you calculate optimum Fr, but I was shooting for
around 200kHz. Primary capacitors are on there way (LDPE) so I don't
know what value exactly they will be.
  My first coil (that wasn't designed very well - befor I knew the
list)seemed to spark the best with 4" stovepipe elbows, 16"??? diameter
(dont remember) but I also had a three inch stovepipe toroid, 5"x20"
aluminun ducting toroid, and the big 8"x24". the primary was powered by
two OBIT's. The 4"x16"(??) would produce 9" discharges. It would still
arc with the 8"x24" but it would be a coule inches less.
  I would appreciate any suggestions/comments on my next coil.

Mad Coiler