[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

please help

From: 	Chris Fileccia[SMTP:ChaoticD-at-swbell-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, October 30, 1997 5:09 PM
To: 	tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	please help

My mame is Chris and I have recently started my first coil. My time is
running short to complete this project. I have received help from this cool
on a list. He told me my capacitance was way to small. If any body knows
where I could find caps to fit my coil. The only resource that I have found
to carry the voltage that I need has too small of a capacitance. Any help is
appreciated. Here are my specs.

12kv neon at 30mA

was going to use 3 .0047uF doornob caps at 6kv a piece in series.

2 spark gaps using binding posts and hevy wire

a adjustable primary with 14 windings of 8 gauge grounding wire wrapped
around 4 dowel rods with 1/2" spacing in-between wires.

My secondary is a 14 7/8 by 3 1/2 pvc wrapped with 28 gauge magnet wire with
an inch left at both ends.

I have decided to make a Toroid from duct elbows.

But he said I needed 10x the capacitance. I need some caps fast and
hopefully resaonable.

Please help!!!!!!!
Thanks Chris