[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: magnifier config? [photographing]

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, October 29, 1997 10:04 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: magnifier config?

to: Travis

Best way to photograph coils.  First, wrap the base part facing you with a
blanket to prevent the primary from washing out the photo with its bright
light.  Next, set your camera on a tripod and set it for a 4 sec time
exposure.  Use Kodak ASA 100 Gold film and set F stop at 1.4 or 2.8 --
overexposure adds to the effect.  For the ground rod use a straight
vertical piece of steel pipe that is well grounded. The strikes will hit
the pipe and "climb" the pipe from the heating effects which makes great
spark pictures.  Use care that the blanket doesn't get caught in your RSG
and catch on fire!  We just use some wide 2 inch sticky tape to tape the
blanket on the oscillator base unit near the outside of the primary coil.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net