[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rubber toroids

From: 	Wes A Brzozowski[SMTP:wesb-at-blue.spectra-dot-net]
Sent: 	Tuesday, October 28, 1997 5:23 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Rubber toroids

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

The method you are describing is known commercially as "brush plating",
among other things, and works fine with the kind of plating solution Sandy
describes. You can't be sloppy with it, you need safety glasses, should
wear old clothes, and definitely shouldn't be eating or drinking in the
vicinity of the apparatus, but Sandy's plating solution is the kind you
use if you want the plate to adhere more firmly to the work peice. The
solution you described may be acceptable, depending on your adhesion
requirements.

Wes B.

* wesb-at-spectra-dot-net *       "It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy...       *
*                  *          ..Let's go exploring."     - Calvin           *