To: "'Tesla List'" <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
Subject: 120 VAC Generator
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 23:40:13 -0500
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

From:   gweaver[SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:   Friday, October 24, 1997 12:23 AM
To:     Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Today I found a generator at the scrap yard.  It is 120 VAC 52 amps 60 HZ.
It has a 4 cylinder water cooled engine.  The hour meter says 571 hours.  It
has a volt meter, amp meter, oil pressure guage, water temp guage, field
adjustment.  It is electric start.  Its made by Hobart Bros Co. Engines that
have been used a lot usually have oil and dirt stuck on the block and all
the other parts but not this engine.  It has some rust on the case but its
not bad.  This thing is old but looks like its in excellent shape.  It must
have been a stand by unit that didn't get much use.  I think if you put a
new battery and some gas in it, it would start and run.  It weights 740 lbs.
The scrap yard wants .15 cents a lb. for the generator.  I was thinking it
might me a nice generator to use to
run a Tesla Coil.  It would be much better if it were 240 VAC but its not.
But $111.00 plus tax is not a bad price for this unit.  Its old and sure is
a nice unit and would be great for a collector to have.  If anyone on the
list is interested in this unit let me know and I will buy it for you.

Gary Weaver