[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 100 meter sparks

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, October 23, 1997 6:39 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: 100 meter sparks

At 10:11 AM 10/23/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

Absolute fabrication.  Never happened or even came close to happening.
Tesla's longs arc on photographic film is exactly 21 feet long.  Tesla
specifically states that once or twice during the 1899 Colorado work the
spark would hit the near wall at the coil boundry which was no more than 30
feet away.  He noted that the photographer, Mr. Alley, was one time hit
directly by a bolt (~28' away), but notes that the spark was so thin at that
range that he was unharmed.

Anyone who speaks of "point-to-point" sparks any longer in Colorado is
either dreaming or reading an account by a popular writer how has their
facts wrong.
I have researched this to the Nth degree.  It is all in my book on the
Colorado Springs Notes of Nikola Tesla.  This gives the lie to many rumors
and falsehoods continuosuly recycled by popular writers about what happened
in the narrow time frame from May 1899 to January 1900.

Richard Hull, TCBOR