[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole pigs in the USA

From: 	Barton B. Anderson[SMTP:mopar-at-mn.uswest-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, October 05, 1997 11:02 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Pole pigs in the USA

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Dale,
Funny you should ask. I've made the jump from attempting to scavenge a pole pig
to now purchasing one. As a matter of fact, as I am writing this my "pig" is on
a truck headed here (Minnesota). I've searched high and low (elec. surplus, new
manf., local power company's, and remanufacturers) and found at least in my
recent search that I was getting the best "bang" for my buck from a
remanufacturer. I was getting price quotes from $350 (US) to $450 and most of
these were used pigs which were sitting around (not that there's anything wrong
with that, but the price quotes were enormous considering). I recently called
Solomon Corporation out of Kansas and was quoted just under $300 for a
remanufactured pig. The specs are 120/240, 14.4KV, Single Phase, 10KVA, and
300lbs. Solomon distribution transformers feature new primary & secondary
windings. Not a bad deal! My pig arrives about Nov. 1st. The shipping cost from
KS to MN was $56. My contact at Solomon is Mr. Tory Funk at ext. 175. If you
call him, tell him Bart sent you. Here's Solomon's info.

Solomon Corporation
Solomon, KS  67480
1-800-234-2867 (phone)
1-913-655-2502 (fax)