[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifier vs Classical TC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 20:51:09 -0500
From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Magnifier vs Classical TC  (fwd)

<SNIP>

>   I agree the maggy may produce more power and, therefore, more secondary
> volts. Tesla needed ultra high voltages for his world electrical system and
> the maggy appears to be the best way to produce these voltages.
>
>   Tesla said his system would be using currents flowing in the ionosphere.
> Ultra high voltages are necessary to do this efficiently. Note that the
> ionosphere is a monstrous conductor surrounding the earth. With ultra high
> voltages the currents would be very small and the losses negligible. Tesla
> pointed this out in his writings.
>
>   Tesla also said his system would not use Hertzian waves (electrical
> radiant energy) because these waves can escape from the ionosphere
> (conductor) resulting in large losses. On the other hand, the electrical
> currents would be confined to the ionosphere (conductor) only.
>
>   John Couture

John, All,

Hertzian waves emitted from the surface of this planet, regardless of
launch angle, cannot penetrate and escape the ionosphere into space
(as a generalization) much below 20 MHz.  Ditto for cosmic radio
waves inbound to radio telescopes on earth.  This low frequency cutoff
lowers during periods of sunspot maxima and research at the so-called
ELF band of radioastronomy was conducted heavily, representing most of the
life's work of renouned American radioastronomy pioneer Grote Reber (now
living in Tasmania).  Hertzian waves at frequencies much, much lower than
this stand no chance at all of escaping the ionosphere at any time.
Tesla coils operate in the very basement of the electromagnetic
spectrum.  Should the space charge modulation on the ionosphere that can be
injected by a largly toploaded, earth surface based and referenced,
non-sparking Tesla coil create any sort of wave that escapes into
extraterrestrial space, then this effect must be re-radiation based
on electrostatic processes and not direct Hertzian radiation.
                                 _____
Robert W. Stephens  Ph.D.
currently: Chief Bottle Washer and Tesla coil winder, Lindsay Scientific Co.
previously: *small -P- professional SETI radio astronomer/Canadian SETI
Pioneer 1982-1992
*Founder/Director, Hay River Radio Observatory (HRRO) a retrofitted
Distant Early Warning (DEW line) long-haul tropospheric
communications station in the Western Arctic (two 60 foot dish
antennas in E-W interferometer array), Planetary Society funding 1985.
*Founder/Director, Project TARGET
(TelescopeAntennaResearchingGalacticExtraterrestrialTransmissions)
National Research Council (Canada) Algonquin Radio Observatory 1989.
*Instrumentationalist/Co-Investigator, Ohio State Un-iversity Radio
Observatory 'Big Ear' SETI Program/NASA funding 1992.