[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifier vs Classical TC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:12:18 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Magnifier vs Classical TC

At 03:59 AM 10/13/97 +0000, you wrote:

>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 16:08:14 -0500
>From: "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
>To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: Re: Magnifier vs Classical TC

  DR Resonance. -

  I think you are correct when you say more energy would be coupled into the
secondary. The magnifier is theoretically more efficient in transferring
electrical energy compared to the classical TC. However, I do not believe
this has ever been proven by proper tests. Tests I have made with small TC's
do not indicate any improvement. However, small coils are already very
efficient so magnifiers may only show an improvement with large coils.

  Frequency splitting is not good for any type of TC because it reduces the
secondary peak voltage. With Tesla's world system a higher sec  peak voltage
means higher efficiency.

  I have not seen any of Sloan's papers that compare the magnifier with the
classical TC. Have you?

  John Couture