[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Newbie question

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 21:13:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: student_of_agoshtas <ceg4760m-at-cs.wright.edu>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Newbie question

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> What are the characteristics of 77 ferrite? Can you name a
> Philips/Siemens alternative type? I'm unfamiliar with 77. Who is the
> manufacturer of this type?
>
> Thanks,
> Malcolm

The manufacturer is Amidon.  I don't have any cross to Philips.
The properties can be viewed at
http://www.bytemark-dot-com/amidon/fermprp2.htm.  Its permeability
is between 2000 and 6000.  The switching controller I intend to use
operates in the 150-200 kHz range.  My plan is to use current feedback
from a series resistor on the primary, driving 4-6 amps at 120V into the
primary.  The switching would be accomplished with a MOSFET or IGBT.
At this frequency, I hope to keep the turns on the primary low, prehaps in
the neighborhood of only 0.1 mH (no load on secondary).

Aric