[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: pri. winding.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 15:23:00 -0500
From: "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: pri. winding.

To: MVacc90255

The flat archemedian spiral represents the best type of coupling for most
Tesla coils.  Vertical primaries tend to over couple the sec coil and a
freq split occurs which diverts power into two separate frequencies which
are usually equally spread apart from the fundamental freq of the sec coil.
 Most coils operate by propagating the energy into the lower part of the
sec coil and creating standing waves which transfer the energy in a
resonant mode to the upper terminal.  There is no need to magnetically
couple the entire sec coil --- actually with over coupling the coil
operates worse than with proper coupling, usually a value of 0.18 to 0.2
for most systems.

The coil you saw was made a long time ago but not by Tesla.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: pri. winding.