[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Thyratron pair (was DC Drive)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:15:54 +1200
From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Thyratron pair (was DC Drive)

Hi Randy,

> From: randy-at-gte-dot-net
> To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: Re: Thyratron pair (was DC Drive)
>
> Tesla List wrote:

Check the circuit. You are alternately connecting an LC circuit
between each rail and a centre-tap. If you do this at a frequency
lower than the LC resonant frequency, you will not get the highest
power throughput. The cap charge time is constrained by the surge
impedance. Perhaps I'm missing something but I didn't see any
separate charge circuit for the cap.

Malcolm

> I made a post earlier that hasn't shown up here as of yet, where
> I asked about feeding assorted resultant voltages to an "autotransformer"
> which is what I presume you mean by "a tap on the resonator"...yes?

Yes.