[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifier vs Classical TC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 17:55:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Magnifier vs Classical TC

<<   Note that the magnifier is capable of magnifing power and maybe give a
> longer spark compared to a classical TC for the same watt second input.

>   However, the magnifier cannot magnify energy. This means that the
> magnifier would not be able to increase a controlled spark length compared
> to a classical TC without increasing the watt second input??

>   Why would Tesla want the magnifier for his world electrical system?

>   John Couture  >>

John,

The Corums suggest that Tesla may have favored the maggy
because it can process more power because of the faster transfer
of energy from primary to secondary because of the tight coupling.
This would permit the use of a marginally higher break-rate, and
greater power throughput.  I always wondered if Tesla used the
design because its physical shape was more suitable for his use.

John Freau