[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pri-Sec Phasing

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 09:30:01 -0500
From: David Huffman <huffman-at-FNAL.GOV>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Pri-Sec Phasing

I have to agree with Greg. I know that the voltage polarity is the same,
that is positive on the start of the primary will make positive on the start
of the secondary, with the same winding sense. The current on the primary
would go into the coil to create the positive polarity and the current would
need to come out of the secondary to cause a positive polarity on a
resistive load. This still works with the autotransformer analogy since the
currents sum to zero at any given node.
Dave H.