[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: DC drive

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 97 18:57:05 UT
From: Larry Robertson <LWRobertson-at-classic.msn-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: DC drive

>Hi, I'm no expert but I'd suggest some kind of ballast between your d.c.
>supply and the 'resonance' capacitors, of course inductance is the best.
>If not you're gonna stress both the d.c. and resonant caps and your gaps
>when the 2uF sees a near short-circuit at the beginning of the charge.
>hope it makes sense. Bye ... Sulaiman.

In order  for the circuit to work, the storage cap MUST be
connected directly to the rest of the resonance part of the
primary, as it is part of the resonance circuit. Each time
the gaps fire all three capacitors are in series with the
primary,forming the primary resonator.

All three caps having hopefully arrived at the same voltage,
on the next gap presentation. the two small caps are again
conneted in series with the big cap, but with opposite
polarity. As the big cap is itself a pulse discharge capacitor,
and 100 times larger than the small caps I'm hoping it won't
feel too abused.

LR