[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Twin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 17:23:44 +0000
From: BertPool <Bert.Pool-at-flash-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Tesla Twin

> Date:          Wed, 1 Oct 1997 14:07:17 -0600 (MDT)
> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: Tesla Twin
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

<SNIP>

> > Ditto.
> > I also tried this and had the same disappointing results as
> > Richard.
> >
> > Bert Pool
> > TCBFW
> > bertpool-at-flash-dot-net
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but you actually connected the resonator
> bases together and then connected that connection to the top of the
> driver coil??  That is not the way to do it. My way is *guaranteed* to
> work. The correct connection for twin free resonators is to connect
> one to one end of the driver tansformer secondary and the other to
> the other end. Currents at each end of the driver are in opposite
> phase and mirror each other. You can see from this that winding
> direction doesn't matter and that any magnetic coupling is
> undesirable. In the twins with one resonator driven, the passive
> resonator is in fact replacing the 1/4 wave ground image.
>
> Malcolm

You are correct.  And I knew that driving each resonator with the
opposite end of the secondary was the way to do this, but with my
"conventional" magnifier setup, there is no easy way to do this.  But
I had to try it for myself, anyway.  I may one day build a
horizontal driver with the primary centered in the middle of the
secondary and see just how well a dual maggie works - though Ed
Wingate will likely do it first.

Bert Pool
TCBFW
bertpool-at-flash-dot-net