[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: chokes and caps

From: 	Matthew Mills[SMTP:megavolt-at-usa-dot-net]
Reply To: 	megavolt-at-usa-dot-net
Sent: 	Sunday, November 30, 1997 2:05 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	chokes and caps

Hi, I have got my hands on several large two lead ballasts from mercury
vapour lamps 400W-at-250V and the large rolled polypropylene caps
(30uF-at-250V) I was wondering whether I can use the ballasts as chokes
(they are just like a transformer with only one winding) and if I can
use the caps for PFC capacitors.

These also have a brown/black/green (1M?) resistor across the terminals
I guess as a drain.

They seem to be in the "ballpark" (hope I've used this term in the right
context) for PFC caps

do I place them parallel to my neons or parallel to my Variac?

Thanks,

Matt