[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: *Tesla list survey form is ready*

From: 	Adam[SMTP:absmith-at-tiac-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, November 29, 1997 10:41 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: *Tesla list survey form is ready*

>Example, a young coil builder uses your
>information from the database to construct a coil and somehow gets ahold of
>a pole transformer to power the unit.  He gets fried.  His parents get paid
>by their insurance company for the "loss".  Now, guess who the insurance
>company sues for a cool million $$$ or more?
>I think you ideas represent great goodwill and will help many young coil
>builders but would strongly advise against distributing or compiling any
>data that uses more than a 60 ma. source of power.  It could come back to
>haunt you.

Good point.  I will consider requiring a simple password/login for the
data on the same page as a thorough disclaimer and an "I understand"
button, just to be on the smart and safe side.   From the way you have
described the risks, it seems that they could affect not just my survey
results, but to anyone posting tesla specs and discussions to a forum
such as this list, or to the people running the list, or the neon
transformer company, or the sign shop...

I personally hate the current trend of people suing other
people/companies for their own stupid mistakes.  That lady with the
McDonalds coffee comes to mind... it shouldn't pay to be a pathetic
whining idiot.

And, of course, anybody hoping to sue me for a million bucks would be
sadly dissapointed when I turn out my surplus army pants pockets (all six
of them) :-)

-Adam

Adam Smith
absmith-at-tiac-dot-net