[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Attaching Coil to Base (New)

From: 	Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, November 24, 1997 10:24 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Attaching Coil to Base (New)

<< Questions:  Many of the coils I've seen pictured, (I haven't seen a real
 one...yet), seem rather lightly built (plastics, alum foil, Styrofoam).  I
 would guess, (but apparently wrongly?), that there would be high physical
 stress placed upon the apparatus by the discharge of so much energy.  In
 laymen's terms, what kind of physical stress is placed upon the structure
 and what if any problems can the novitiate expect?  Does my approach to
 attaching the coil appear satisfactory?

 Comments?

 Thanks,

 dj

dj,

Your approach seems both satisfactory and novel.  You might plan on making
the height of the secondary adjustable (with respect to the primary) within a
few inches so as to allow increasing or reducing coupling.  The only real
structural concerns are to insure adequate support so it doesn't accidently
get knocked over and it is strong enough to support a large toroid on top.

Ed Sonderman