[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: KV's and multimeters

From: 	Atle Jorstad[SMTP:anjorsta-at-online.no]
Sent: 	Friday, November 21, 1997 10:41 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: KV's and multimeters

At 11:16 PM 11/19/97 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]
555 circuit. Tune it until you get the longest spark. The best ignition
coils are the red or blue ones. These are specially for use w/ transistors.
Also, TV transistors arent the best. IGBTs are the best, but simply a 3055
is ok. My ignition coil throws 3/4 inch sparks easily. Or, if you want to
make the longest and fattest sparks, use a thyristor in series with a 1uf
cap and the primary. Feed this arrangement with 250 VDC. The cap charges up
and discharges throught the primary. I used 350 VDC and a 4,7uf cap, that
made 2 1/4 inch sparks!
Atle Jorstad