[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV Transformers in the UK

From: 	Mike Harrison[SMTP:wwl-at-netcomuk.co.uk]
Reply To: 	wwl-at-netcomuk.co.uk
Sent: 	Friday, November 21, 1997 6:24 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: HV Transformers in the UK

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997 21:43:31 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]
You just missed the London one, which although usually excellent, was
disappointing as they' d upped the stall prices a lot this time, so
fewer traders, hopefully the March one will be better - this is
usually the best, and I usualy go home with a car-full of stuff! The
best place to look for info on upcoming events is in the 'Radio Diary'
pages of Practical Wireless magazine, or the 'Rallies' section of
Short Wave Magazine or Ham Radio Today. The latter 2 mags are harder
to find, though. The definitive source is RadCom mag (published by the
RSGB), but this isn't available in the shops. There is sometimes info
on Radcom website http://www.rsgb-dot-org/news/rc_curr.htm
If you go to a rally with an RSGB stand - flick through the latest
Radcom for future events.
The next ones around london are Watford on Dec 14th and Canvey Island
on Feb 1st.
There seems to be a worrying trend of a higher and higher proportion
of computer traders to electronic junk at all rallies.
The best ones are those which are all or partially radio boot sales -
lots more poeple clearing out personal junk rather than traders - this
is where the real bargains are.
   _/ L_/  Mike Harrison / White Wing Logic / wwl-at-netcomuk.co.uk  _/ L_/
 _/ W_/  Hardware & Software design / PCB Design / Consultancy  _/ W_/
/_W_/  Industrial / Computer Peripherals / Hazardous Area      /_W_/