[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE- Cap Confusion

From: 	John H. Couture[SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent: 	Friday, November 21, 1997 12:05 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: RE-  Cap Confusion

At 05:09 AM 11/20/97 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

  Ed -

  An excellent thought. The pfc caps will reduce the total current for the
variacs.

  It is interesting to note that although the reactive current does not
register on your KWH meter the current is causing losses in the distribution
system all the way back to the generators. So who pays for these losses?

  The electric company does not add pf meters and extra charges unless you
are a large customer and your pf keeps going below 80%. It is obvious that
the cost per KWH you are paying includes an extra amount to take care of the
reactive losses regardless of your pf over 80%.

  John Couture