[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil efficiency

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Monday, November 17, 1997 2:25 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Coil efficiency

Hi Ted,

K <> efficiency. Efficiency is solely a function of losses. If your
secondary/extra coil "loses" all the power fed to it in output
discharges on the first energy transfer, your efficiencies can be
over 90%. Primary losses are the major governor of efficiency when
this ideal is approached.
    If you look on the scope to see what is going on, you will see
that at particular values of k, the primary goes completely to rest
at which point all energy (minus primary losses) resides in the
resonator.

> Also, what is the maximum efficiency of a soild state magnifier?

Depends on driver losses mostly.

Malcolm