[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Best Secondary Surface coating

From: 	Vivian[SMTP:V.C.Watts-at-btinternet-dot-com]
Reply To: 	Vivian
Sent: 	Sunday, November 16, 1997 2:27 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Best Secondary Surface coating

Hi all,
    Another problem Huh!  Operating my coil last night I was only getting
one foot sparks.  A few days before I was up to 19".  On investigating today
I find my secondary and toroid are resonant at 330Hz instead of 270Khz.
Further investigation showed the secondary inductance to have gone down.
But I can see no signs of arcing or damage.  The surface however is somewhat
crazed.   I assume some windings have gone short.  I had coated the surface
with a two part epoxy resin coating (called Araldite CY1301) which I thought
would be good.  What is considered "the" stuff to use or should I really
space wind.

Viv Watts UK.