[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ???-Dr. Tesla's First Coil-???

From:	Greg Leyh [SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent:	Thursday, November 13, 1997 4:39 AM
To:	Tesla List
Subject:	Re: ???-Dr. Tesla's First Coil-???

Malcolm Watts wrote:

>                     Yes, I too am aware of the year. In the back of
> my mind I had an idea for a group co-operative effort to build a 1MW
> (wallplug figure) coil to celebrate the Colorado Springs experiments.
> I might even be moving to the States in 1999. Anyone have a major
> shareholding in a power station?

Of course you realize that you'll need to make the move much sooner
than that to have the thing ready by 1999...

BTW, I spoke with the folks at Nevada Power and the Intermountain
Power Agency, who advise that they could supply an intermittent load
of up to 5MW, at a rather reasonable price, provided that the customer
has 'interruptable priority status' (NP can shed the load without
advance notice).  They also advise that the best physical location
for this load would be along I-15, between the outskirts of Las Vegas
and the Cal-Neva border.
The power would be of the 12kV 3PH delta flavor... I did not ask if
customers could have direct access to the +/-500kV intertie, that runs
through that corridor from Hoover Dam to LA (sure would cut $$$ on
HV xfmrs and rectifier stacks).

-GL