[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: FABRICATING MAGNETS

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, November 06, 1997 8:43 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: FABRICATING MAGNETS

On Wednesday, November 05, 1997 9:24 AM Someone
[SMTP:fox-at-netunlimited-dot-net] wrote:

> could you not mould iron into the shape you are looking for and
> permanantly magnetize it with a supercoil and a big capacitor bank?

As I commented to Richards responce to your suggestion, iron is too soft
to make 'permanent' magnets, BUT if you substitute say ALNICO then yes your
idea would work. Do remember though that the very same characteristics that
make an alloy a good canidate for making 'permanent' magnets will also make
it very difficult to magnetize the alloy, in other words it will take a
very large charge to magnetize it.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/