[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube-type TC

From: 	Jeff W. Parisse[SMTP:jparisse-at-ddlabs-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, November 05, 1997 6:35 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Tube-type TC

Greg,

Brent Turner has a Tesla coil book with a great section
on tube coil construction. And, of course, there are some
really helpful people on this list (I'll try, but I'm new to tubes)
that will pipe in with specific suggestions.

I knew nothing about tubes four months ago. With help from
the experts on this list, I've built a nice show coil using two
250TH tubes and a 4000 volt, 700mA DC power supply.

My suggestion would be to keep your eye out for mica
transmitting caps (I used the bathtub style). Voltage ratings
of 5kV and above are desirable. Stock up, as you'll end up
needing to mix and match.

Jeff W. Parisse, Art Director
Digital Design Laboratories
www.ddlabs-dot-com