[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Corum's Resonator Theory

From: 	FutureT-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, November 04, 1997 7:46 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Corum's Resonator Theory

<< snip
> 10X is not possible. Suppose Vo prior to quench is rise by Q. The
> rise by VSWR = 4Q/PI which is only about 30% higher. I think they
> changed the scale to exaggerate the effect. I mentioned to Mr Corum
> that by this time, system energy is normally a fraction of the
> initial energy. I got complete silence on that statement. Again I note
> that I have not seen a single scope photo from them, only drawings :(

> Malcolm

Malcolm,

I agree with your comments above.  The drawings seem
mysterious to me.  One drawing (page 12) shows the energy
jumping about 10X higher at the quench, but there is no note
to explain why the 10X jump occurs.  On page 11 it says that
due to the HUGE voltage rise after the break, it is hard to show
the data (emphasis mine).  If they need to show only a 30% rise
this should be easy to show on a drawing.  Also to me the word
*huge* suggests more than a 30% rise, maybe not.  Another
mystery is that both drawings show the quench to occur at the
low point of the RF beat...but quench should occur at the high
point (peak) of the RF beat packet since they're looking at the
secondary output (I suppose). Primary would show quench at the RF dip
or notch).  Maybe the drawing is not meant to be precise.  Then
in the "graph paper type" drawing on page 13, a note says the
X axis is increased 10 times, but the RF levels shown would
actually be quite weak if they were shrunk to their true levels
of 10X less than shown.  This after quench rise seems to be
rising from close to zero (at the RF beat dip) instead of from
the beat packet peak which would correspond to the primary
beat dip or notch.  So this drawing shows the same flaw as
the one on page 12...quench occurs at secondary RF dip
instead of peak.

However according to Lou Balint, the Corums state that the
resonator voltage build-up obeys lumped theory before the
quench, and VSWR build-up after the quench.  This could
maybe explain the extra 10X build-up (if they are really claiming
it) in their theory?  I have not seen any voltage build-ups after
the quench in any coils of mine...break out, or non-break out.
I have not been able to properly quench any coil without spark
break-out.

Regards,
John Freau