[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: first coil & help!!!

From: 	Raymond C. Howes[SMTP:rchowes-at-email.msn-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, November 03, 1997 9:55 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: first coil & help!!!

&ohm meter.
I have to do things by trial and error(saftely).  I widened the gap on the
primary from .25 to .50 between turns and it did help.
my caps are now 8 glass 16oz bottles satl watermix.

I found some new bottles at winn dixie. 32oz nice shape. should I try six of
these or just add more 16oz bottles?
If I get enough nerve I may try to roll my own caps. The only problem I see
with that is using the  vacum pump to draw out the air.
Any other Ideas?
One more question. Why doesn't the spark gap fire when the secondary is
grounded?