[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: H2 driver

Subject:   Re: H2 driver
  Date:    Sat, 31 May 1997 08:38:18 -0400 (EDT)
  From:  richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To: tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>Richard and all,
>
>The 1.6 uSec dwell time sounds like it's about in the ballpark for the
>high k you're running at. Are you getting a single half-wave current
>pulse through the thyratron?

Yes!  I use a Pearson wideband RF  CT for my current measurements in the
primary tank.  It shows a single half cycle of current as one would
expect.
I am aware that the time is about right, but the energy transfer seems
whimpy!  True the power is low.  Maybe I'm too used to the 5-8KW
sparks!  R.Hull

 I'm very interested in getting further
>information on any back-to-back configuration you might come up with.
>I've just picked up a number of 4C35's (at 50 cents apiece :^)). Where
>do you find sockets for these things??
>
>-- Bert --
>
>My first socket and the one, I am currently using was hand built and made
of wood.  I am very fond of 1X4 fir plank project construction!  This
past
January, I came across 4 mint ceramic, silver plated, sockets for the
5C22
type H2 thyratrons of which I have a few.  They were new in military
boxes
for $1.00 each.  The poor guy warned me that they would not fit any good
transmitting tubes. (that was why the low price.)  I snapped them up
immediately.  The FSN indicated the government paid about $125.00 each
from
Johnson when new.  I have been on a quest for the these type sockets for
over two years and, ultimately, the hamfesting paid off.  If you require
instant sockets, have a couple of hundred bucks handy or make your own.

Richard Hull, TCBOR