[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Looking for Coilers in my area!

Subject:       Re: Looking for Coilers in my area!
       Date:   Mon, 26 May 1997 17:20:33 -0400
       From:   Tom Heiber <theiber-at-lonet.ca>
         To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> > Any hints that you could give me?
> >
> > Tom
> >

> Tom,
>
> With a commercial capacitor you can make a pretty darn' excitin' first
> Tesla coil with a 12 kV-at-60 mA neon.  My best advice is to stay tuned
> to this list, it is an excellent resource and way of meeting smart
> individuals with similar interests.  Equally good advice is to come
> visit my lab.
> I have a number of coils of various forms, one early developmental unit
> that
> achieved 18 foot streamers first time out (only time so far).  At any
> given moment I can put on a good show with several of something type
> coils. My new twin system has been a real visitor pleaser of late.  I've
> got plenty
> of free parking, and admission is still free too to fellow coilers,  but
> by
> appointment only.
>
> rwstephens

Hey. I'll give you a buzz if i get to go in that direction :)

BTW. I can't find any HV commercial caps. And I called about
Polyethylene it was $90 for one 1/8" 10'x48"
sheet. I was thinking of making salt-water caps but I figured about 20
bottles of beer before I can get the required capacitance. What do you
think?

BTW2. Is there a way I can contact you other way than e-mail?

Tom Heiber