[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Neon murder

Subject:  Re: Neon murder
  Date:  Wed, 21 May 1997 01:45:59 +0000
  From:  jgore-at-cyberramp-dot-net
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Do you mean you leave the case on the neon? Why?
1)  I take the case off and break off the tar.
2)  I clean the neon with xylene and acetone to get ALL the tar off.
3)  I use Bear Fast Drying Polyurethane (shellack) and cover it with
about 5 coats. Makes it real plastic looking.
4)  I cover the windings with door rope-caulk (is removable, never
dries). Cover both secondary and primary.
5)  I place this mess in a plastic bag, then in a nice wooden box
with electrodes coming out the sides.
Also)  I use a safty gaps on the Tank Circuit and the Main Capacitor
as well as four 175-turn 18 guage chokes. I havent lost a neon yet.