[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tubes??? 4CX250F

Subject:     Re: tubes??? 4CX250F
      Date:  Thu, 22 May 1997 16:42:16 -0700
      From:  David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>
        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hello William,

The 4CX250F is a Ceramic pentode with a 250 Watt plate dissapation and a
max voltage ratting of 2000V.

4CX250B Beam Power Pentode Characteristics:

     Heater or Filament: 6 Volts, 2.1 Amps
     Capacitances - Cin = 18.5, Cout = 4.7, Cgp = 0.04
Maximum Ratings: PD=250, Vp=2000, SD=12, Vs=400, Freq=175 Mhz
Prefered Substitutes: 7203
Substitutes: None
Pin 1  Screen Grid (Also outer bottom ring)
Pin 2  Cathode
Pin 3  Heater
Pin 4  Cathode
Pin 5  Internal connection (not used)
Pin 6  Cathode
Pin 7  Heater
Pin 8  Cathode
Center Pin  Control Grid
Top ring (Cooling fins)  Anode

You need to put Six CFM of air for cooling through the fins at STP for
max plate dissapation.

This data is for the 4CX250B, I think, but may be wrong, that the letter
code has somthing to due with the date? So, this should be good for your
tube.

I have two of these and have yet to use them, as they are quite a bit
more fagile than regular vacuum tubes, and I am still in the learning
phase.

David Trimmell