[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

tubes??? 4CX250F

Subject:  tubes??? 4CX250F
  Date:   Thu, 22 May 97 05:54:18 UT
  From:   "William Noble" <William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com>
    To:   "Tesla List" <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

a long time ago I used to work for Collins radio  - my office was near a
field
service center where they repaired airborne radios.  I "trained" the
technicians to save interesting things for me.  I just looked in a
drawer of
"interesting things" and I have two octal based tubes, JAN8621, also
numbered
4CX250F.  If I remember right, these came out of kilowatt HF airborne
commercial radios.  I never have tested them, of course, I just saved
them
because I liked the fins (and one is gold plated) and thought they would
be
nice for a "tube collection".  Are these of potential interest for a
small
tesla coil??  not too suprisingly, this tube isn't in any of the 3 radio
amateur handbooks I have (1953, 1962, 1976) nor is it in my RCA
receiving tube
manual.  The tube sitting here as I write was made by Eimac and if I can
guess
the date code, in the 21st week of 1974.

I also have an RCA tube of similar style, the base is 4 concentric rings
(hence a triode??), labled 463 (this is the gold plated tube) - filament
continuity is OK

comments??