[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reduceing noise

Subject:  Re: Reduceing noise
  Date:  Mon, 19 May 1997 22:46:30 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Mon, 19 May 1997 02:25:48 +0200 tesla
<tesla-at-ixx.se> wrote;

> >> David, how big was this coil? I've seen coils up to eight feet tall
> >> with 12 foot discharges and in all of them the spark gap was louder
> >> than the secondary discharge.

> I must say that the discharges coming off the toroid is much more loud
> than the SG. It sounds a bit strange when you Alfred said that in bigger
> systems the sound from the SG should be louder than the sparks. A misprint
> perhaps?

Your correct, I goofed and reversed it in that post! I too have
experimented with sound proofing the spark gap on my larger coils and
even when I got the sound of the spark gap down to an almost
inaudable buzz the sound from the torid was still horendous!

> Anyway there actually is no way to make a TC or a quiet. Am i wrong?

Sure there is just don't allow it to spark! <Grin> Actualy the sound
is not so bad on smaller coils of higher frequency, I have one I
built that's only 10 inches high and operates around 900KHz. it
sounds like a loud hiss and yields 8 inch discharges that look like a
bushy glow rather than a spark, tis one you can actualy but your hand
right up to the terminal and let the discharge walk around your hand
and the only sensation is a warm tickle. My family Physician gave me
a diathermy pad for my wife to use with that coil for her arthritus,
works great too!

> //Matt
>               Matthias Andersson
>                tesla-at-engelholm.se
> http://phoenix.engelholm.se/tesla/default.htm
>        -"Why am i glowing in the dark???

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/