[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Straight Spark

Subject: Re: Straight Spark
  Date:  Mon, 19 May 1997 22:46:27 +0500
  From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Mon, 19 May 1997 08:13:43 -0400 (EDT) Bob Schumann
<tesla-at-america-dot-com> wrote;
> ... As I got closer in tune and couplings, I noticed a
> very strange effect. The brass doorknob did have numerous
> discharges running around it, but when I reached a certain
> tuning point, all spark discharges came together as one.
> The one spark had absolutely no branches. The spark was
> perfectly straight and the only movement was at the very
> end of the spark which had a small whip-like movement at
> the very end. The spark stayed in place on the doorknob
> for about 10 seconds and then broke back into the scattered
> discharges running around the doorknob as previous. Has
> anybody ever seen this effect? Why was the spark straight ?

Bob, the effect you describe is indicative of coils operating in the
higher frequency ranges. My observation has been that the higher the
resonant frequency of the coil the straighter the discharge and there
is less tendency for the discharge to branch.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/