[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV + laser beams

Subject:     Re: HV + laser beams
      Date:  Mon, 19 May 1997 16:51:33 -0700
      From:  David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>
        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Alfred, All,

"David, I don't think that uch power is required. I remember hearing
back around 1973 that some students at MIT used a U.V. laser of a few
watts (Nitrogen laser I think) to conduct the output of a small Tesla
coil several hundred feet to an isolated terminal and draw several
inches of spark from the isolated terminal to ground. I remeber that
when the news relayed the info they concluded that these students
were bringing Tesla's idea of wireless power to reality. Well not
quite, Tesla's wireless power experiments didn't use a laser, he was
using the schuman (Sp.?) resonant frequency of the earth."

Now that MIT experiment must have been an inspiration later on durring
the advent of SDI! My reply was a bit on the sarcastic side :) Only a
few Watts? Wow! I am aware that SDI (AKA Star Wars) reseach led into
such areas, as a high power lasers to make the conductive path for a
beam of charged particles with high kinetic energy towards their target.
Is there a reference for that study?

David Trimmell