[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

gas doping of discharge

Subject:  gas doping of discharge
  Date:    Mon, 19 May 97 08:32:00 EDT
  From:    pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com

mail11:;;;;;;-at-us4rmc.pko.dec-dot-com-at-us4rmc.pko.dec-dot-com-at-unknown.domain.pupman-dot-com;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
(-at-teslatech)
    CC:
        pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com

>Simplify the experiment. Instead of trying to fill the whole room
>with argon or whatever, just place a small lecture bottle filled with
>the gas of interest on top of the Tesla coil. Before firing it up,
>adjust the needle valve for a very SMALL amount of gas coming out.
        Would it be easier to leave the bottle at the base, with a non
        conducting tube/pipe to the top?

Marginally relavant:
When the wireless gys did KW gaps, they sometimes ran the bigger ones
in controlled, non oxygen, atmospheres.  I recall alcohol & water vapor,
for a couple...

        regards
        dwp