[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Fullwave rectifier

Subject: RE: Fullwave rectifier
  Date:  Mon, 19 May 1997 09:46:00 +0100
  From:  Ashley Golland <Ashley.Golland-at-gpsemi-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

50/60Hz  you can just put them in series with few voltage grading
components as there will be minimal differences in the individual diodes
recovery times relative to the rate of rise of reverse voltage.
However you should derate the devices by say 30% to allow for
differences in leakage, stored charge etc.
A more serious approach would be to use either avalanche diodes or RC
snubbers across each of the diodes, but this is probably unnecessary as
long as you make sure no H.F. is reflected back at your bridge.
As far as sources of diodes goes, I have some at 8Kv 100A but they cost
a fortune.