[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Green PVC Pipe

Subject:  Re: Green PVC Pipe
  Date:   Mon, 19 May 1997 04:17:35 -0700 (PDT)
  From:   gweaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 11:58 PM 5/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject:  Re: Green PVC Pipe
>  Date:   Sun, 18 May 1997 20:38:54 -0500
>  From:   "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
>    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

>> Does anyone have any experence with Green PVC pipe?  I know some PVC
>> pipe is
>> conductive but don't know if Green will work for a TC secondary coil.  I
>> am
>> planning a new secondary coil and have White PVC in 8.625" Dia. or Green
>> PVC
>> in 10.625" Dia.  I plan to use this with my 16KW transformer.
>>
>> Gary Weaver
>>

>Gary,
>
>Almost all of my TC secondaries from the small ones with 4.25 inch
>O.D., through the 10.5 inchers on the new twin system to the 15.5
>inch O.D. on my MTC (which developes 3X resonator length output) are
>all on green PVC pipe.  I'd say its AOK!
>
>rwstephens

What ratio did you use on your 10.5 and 15.5 secondary coils and what
wire
size did you wind them both with?  I am building a larger TC for my 16K
transformer and am gathering information.  What mfd value are you using?
What is your toroid and size? What did you use as a spark gap?  Is your
primary flat? Whow much power are you running on these coils?  What is
the
output length maximum?
Do you have any suggestions for improvements?

Gary Weaver