[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reflections in Power Transfer

Subject:      Re: Reflections in Power Transfer
       Date:  Mon, 19 May 1997 09:16:39 +1200
       From:  "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
         To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi Ed, all,

>   From:    "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
>     To:    tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

> "Is there the slightest possibility that we can somehow get the
> secondary to lose its lot in one cycle? I would imagine that would
> make for some interesting discharges if so.
>
> Malcolm"
>         Can't figure out what you mean by that one, Malcom.
> Do you mean get it to "dump all of its energy"?
> Ed

All the scoping I've done on a running coil shows secondary ringdown
(with discharges) occurs over a number of cycles - hence the mismatch
thing. I guess the question is: can we ever get a proper streamer Z
match to the secondary? I suspect not because the nature of Zstreamer
is not conducive to such a match.

Malcolm