[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: spark length (20") (fwd)

Subject:  Re: spark length (20") (fwd)
  Date:   Sat, 17 May 1997 21:28:00 -0600 (MDT)
    To:  tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 10:34:48 -0600
From: RODERICK MAXWELL <major-at-vicksburg.pupman-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: spark length (20")

The secondary is 4" in diameter. Total winding length is 18" made from
polystyrene.
It is wound with #24 magnet wire,and coated with two part epoxy.  Maybe
around 25 to thirty dollars.

Primary is 1/4" copper refrigeration tubing wound on a thirty degree
slope.
I have 8 suuprts made of plywood which have a plexiglas strip covering
the
surface the primary is resting on . These strips have 1/2" acrylic
tubing
mounted on top of them, that have been cut into 3/4" sections. These
sections are what the primary is wound in. The acrylic tubing was glued
on
with methylene chloride adhesive. Maybe $60.

Primary caps are poly plate type in mineral oil. Maybe 50 bucks.