[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Transformer

Subject:     Re: Transformer
      Date:  Sat, 17 May 1997 20:51:25 +1000
      From:  Peter Electric <elekessy-at-macquarie.matra-dot-com.au>
        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:  RE: Transformer
>   Date:   Fri, 16 May 1997 02:31:51 -0400 (EDT)
>   From:   richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
>     To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

> >       Yes, I have made such a coil useing many microwave oven
> >transformers.  It works great, and I have never burnt up a transformer.
> >     See TCBA news, Jan 1994, or email me for mor info.
> >
> >                            Roger Smith
>
> Hi Roger!!!
>
> All,
>
> Roger made one of the most fearsome DC based Tesla coil systems I have
> ever
> witnessed after Greg Leyh's coil!!!  We have it on one of our tapes.
> The
> thing is down right frightening.  It roars in his room within his home
> and
> absolutely flameing white (no blue) 6 foot arcs lash as the light
> switches,
> fixtures, walls, etc.  Its arcs move violently and extremely rapidly
> about
> like a wounded snake with a ungodly banshee like shrill scream.
>
> Roger is one of the only people I have ever seen turn to good effort the
> massive series connecting of large numbers of microwave transformers.
> He
> also used them for balasting.  Clever inventive and resourceful would
> describe his system right after awesome!
>
> Richard Hull, TCBOR

Richard and Roger,

You have fired me up with your description of this amazing machine!

In Aust. here we are very much over-regulated, electrically speaking. We
are not allowed to wire anything in to the mains supply unless we are
licensed electricians, and things like "pole pigs" as you call them are
very rare to get hold of here and very difficult to use without the
Power co. getting excited and turning of the power!

I have just about exhausted the possibilities of my two Neon Xformers so
I am rather interested to find out some more details of your coil. How
many Xformers did you use in series and is it possible to use the
ordinary domestic oven types (they seem to be the only ones commonly
available here). Also please describe your coil specs.

Regards,

Peter E.