[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary additions and corona breakout

Subject:  Re: Secondary additions and corona breakout
  Date:   Sat, 17 May 1997 00:10:18 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Fri, 16 May 1997 02:03:12 -0400 (EDT) richard hull
<rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net> wrote;

> I used to repair Nemesis after some unseen hits from a nearby, early
> magnifier defeated the insulation on Nemesis' 18 magnet wire secondary.
> We would ...

continuing;
>  No repair ever broke down or faulted.  Still, I continued to slap the
> secondary with improved magnifers and the reapirs became so numerous
> that poor Nemesis looked like a coil with acne zits!  As Nemesis was in
> need of a complete rebuild and our maggey work was rivaling Nemesis'
> performance with less power, all two coil systems were retired for the
> magnifier program.
>
> Solid, stable repairs are quite possible if made with care which will
> not corona, even in the megavolt and multi-kilowatt range.

Thank you Richard, by verifying that wire repairs to secondaries can
be done, if as you said they are made with care. This should also
mean that if one is not able to get wire long enough for a complete
secondary that IF done carefully, one should be able to solder
multable shorter lengths of wire together to make the required
length, wind it onto a form and properly insulate and have a workable
secondary. BTW it was also enjoyable hearing about old Nemasis, is
Nemasis still around or has it been scrapped?

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/