[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reduceing noise

Subject: Re: Reduceing noise
  Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 23:18:51 +0500
  From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Thu, 15 May 1997 09:04:39 -0500 David Huffman
<huffman-at-FNAL.GOV> wrote;

> snip
> The first big coil I saw surprised the hell out of me. The spark gap
> is quiet compared to what comes off the top. Am I right, am I wrong?
> The gap certainly changes sound with coil tuning.

David, how big was this coil? I've seen coils up to eight feet tall
with 12 foot discharges and in all of them the spark gap was louder
than the secondary discharge.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/