[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary additions and corona breakout

Subject:  Re: Secondary additions and corona breakout
  Date:  Thu, 15 May 1997 19:20:54 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Thu, 15 May 1997 18:53:54 +1000 Peter Electric
<elekessy-at-macquarie.matra-dot-com.au> wrote;

> I reckon it has more to do with the type of top terminal you use. When I
> was using a 10" sphere on my TC, I got corona breakout near the top even
> from sections that werent soldered. With a 20" toroid mounted fairly
> close to the top I have no problem.

Interesting point Peter! It's been quite a few years since I tried
using spliced wire on a Tesla coil secondary, but it would be kind of
ironic if it turns out the the spliced wire actualy worked but that I
was testing it out using the wrong top terimnal! I remember testing
it with only a machine screw on the top terminal. I' definately going
to have to try it again. Heck if it works it would mean everyone
could use shorter lengths of wire (that's much easier and cheaper to
find) and just splice them together into one long wire.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/