[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: microwave trans current limit

Subject:  Re: microwave trans current limit
  Date:   Thu, 15 May 1997 19:20:53 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Thu, 15 May 97 05:44:10 UT William Noble
<William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com> wrote;

> This suggests to me that the transformer may not have had a current
> limit.  I don't want to take a working oven apart though, so use this
> for what it's worth.  I would not be suprised if older microwaves had
> no shunt (being "comsumerized" radars), and that the new ones do.

     This is the first report on an "older" microwave oven, on the
newer ones it seems it is the industrial units that are not current
limited.
     I am coming to the conclusion that the best philosophy to
have is not to assume anything and test whatever transformer one
comes across and act accordingly, adding a choke or whatever to
current limit the voltage regulated ones and using the current
limited ones without additional current limiting.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/