[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: UV Radiation (fwd)

Subject:  Re: UV Radiation (fwd)
  Date:   Wed, 14 May 1997 05:16:29 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Fri, 9 May 1997 10:34:40 -0600 Rodney Davies
<rgd872-at-anu.edu.au> wrote;

> How much radiation can be produced by the spark-gap and how dangerous is
> it? Has anyone got any ideas, suggestions, experiences etc with this topic?

I don't know of any reports as to the measured amounts of U.V. from a
spark gap. I do know that many foolish people that did electric arc
welding without welders glass became blind and before anyone really
knew about the U.V. generated, the welders glass did not filter out
U.V. and cataracts were common amongst arc welders. I am extreemly
sensitive to light, so much so that I even ware sunglasses at night
(this is a by product of my migraines) so I have been very cautious
with my spark gaps and I totaly enclose them except for a view port
which I cover with welders glass.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/